Job Opportunity – Sports Co-ordinator
16 May 2021
We are looking for someone to lead and inspire in the greater Auckland region to deliver opportunities and experiences to people with an intellectual disability.
This role will be responsible for supporting regions, clubs and schools to deliver quality and sustainable sports programmes for their athletes and building depth around volunteer and coaching capability across the region.
We are seeking applications from individuals with the following attributes:
- An understanding of sport and confidence to deliver sporting opportunities for school students and provide support and advice in the school and club space.
- Have a can do attitude with the ability to show initiative.
- Have some experience in leading people.
- Excellent communication, people management, administration and organisation skills.
- Ability to build relationships across a broad range of individuals and organisations, both internally and externally.
- Previous experience of working with and understanding the challenges for volunteers and clubs, together with knowledge of the schools sector would be preferable.
- General knowledge of the intellectual disability sector, or a willingness to learn more about intellectual disability.
- A good level of understanding around the use of IT, including use of the Microsoft Suite, email and use of databases.
This is a new role and shows the significance of the potential growth in the Auckland region. As this role includes delivery in the school setting, a Government Public Health Order mandates that the successful applicant must be fully vaccinated.
For more information visit www.seek.co.nz/job/54896158
For a copy of the position descriptions, or to apply, send a cover letter and your C.V. by email to email@example.com. Applications close at 8pm on Sunday 5 December 2021.