Through the power of sport our athletes find joy, confidence and fulfillment - on the playing field and in life. Whether you are new to Special Olympics or have been involved for years, we are excited you are part of the movement!
2021 National Summer Games in HamiltonThis form is exclusively for those registering to volunteer with local clubs. To sign up as a volunteer for the National Summer Games visit our official NSG Volunteer website
If you are new to Special Olympics the first step is to contact your local club. They would love to hear from you and can give you more information on their local volunteering opportunities!
The registration form takes approximately 15 minutes to complete, please note that the form is unable to be saved or completed in multiple sittings. This form is exclusively for those registering or re-registering to volunteer with local clubs.
As we transition to online registrations you may experience technical issues, we continue to work to fix these and apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 04-560-0360 if you experience any problems or have any questions.
We can't wait for you to join us!
By registering as a Unified Partner you are also registering as a volunteer.
If you are new to Special Olympics make sure to contact your local club to talk about volunteering opportunities before starting this form!
Note: As you are already registered as a volunteer you do not need to complete the police vetting forms. You will need to re-register every 3 years.
Please note: If you are under 18-years old and/or you have a legal guardian you will need a parent/guardian to sign at the end of the registration form.
We require everyone registering over the age of 16 to complete Police Vetting forms, including:
A Police Vetting and Consent form
A Proof of Identity form
A photocopy of your primary ID
Download Police Vetting Forms
You can upload your completed forms during the online registration, we'll submit them to the New Zealand police on your behalf.
Please note: Forms must be in PDF format for upload, view our registrations resources page for tutorials on converting images/JPEGs to a PDF
As you are already registered as a volunteer you do not need to complete the police vetting forms. You will need to re-register every 3 years.
If you are over 16-years-old you must complete and upload Police Vetting forms including a Police Vetting and Consent form, a Proof of Identity form and a signed and dated photocopy of your primary ID.
Download Police Vetting Forms
See an example below of what must be completed and uploaded.
Once you upload your forms below we'll submit them to the New Zealand police on your behalf, there is no cost.
Please note: Your forms must be in PDF format for upload, view our registrations resources page for tutorials on converting images/JPEGs to a PDF
Once you've confirmed with your club to be a Volunteer Driver, you'll need to complete the SONZ
Volunteer Driver Form. You can submit this form now or complete it at a later date by emailing it to Kylie Henderson at email@example.com
I agree to the following:
1. Verification of Information. The information that I provide may be verified and I give permission to Special Olympics New Zealand (hereafter referred to as SONZ) to make enquiries to determine my suitability to act as a volunteer.
2. Information provided is true. I confirm that the information I have given in this application form is true and accurate.
3. Confidentiality of Information. In the course of volunteering for SONZ I may be dealing with confidential information and I agree to keep such information in the strictest of confidence.
4. Personal Information. I consent to SONZ collecting, retaining, using and disclosing personal and medical information for the purpose of involving me in the Special Olympics Programme, including the Healthy Athletes Programme. I acknowledge my right to access and amend this information. This is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
5. Likeness Release. I give Special Olympics permission to use my photograph, video, name, voice or words to promote Special Olympics.
6. Police Vetting. I consent to SONZ forwarding my completed Request and Consent form to the New Zealand Police for vetting
7. Emergency Care. If I need emergency medical care while I am participating in Special Olympics Activities I give permission to Special Olympics to do whatever may be necessary to protect my health and well-being, which may include emergency medical care and hospitalisation. (If you have religious objections to receiving such emergency medical treatment, please complete the Religious Objections form. and upload it below.
I agree that while serving as a Special Olympics New Zealand volunteer and/or Unified Partner I will:
I have read and understood this form. If I have questions, I will ask. By signing, I agree to this form and confirm that the information I have provided is true and correct.
(required for volunteers and/or Unified Partners who are under 18 years old and/or lacks capacity to sign legal documents)
I am a parent or guardian of the volunteer/unified partner. I have read and understood this form and have explained the contents to the volunteer/unified partner as is appropriate. By signing, I agree to this form on my own behalf and on behalf of the volunteer/unified partner and confirm that the information provided is true and correct.