Through the power of sport our athletes find joy, confidence and fulfillment - on the playing field and in life. Whether you are new to Special Olympics or have been involved for years, we are excited you are part of the movement!
If you are new to Special Olympics, the first step is to contact your local club. Our clubs would love to hear from you and it is recommended that you attend at least one training before registering as an athlete
It takes 10 minutes to complete the form to register or re-register as an athlete, please note that the form is unable to be saved or completed in multiple sessions.
Please contact email@example.com if you experience any problems or have any questions.
We can't wait for you to join us!
Note: This form is not for the Young Athletes Programme, to register for the Young Athletes Programme contact Amanda Rasch at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are new to Special Olympics make sure that you have attended a training at your local club. before registering as an athlete.
Please note: If you are under 18-years-old and/or you have a legal guardian you will need a parent/guardian to sign at the end of the athlete registration form.
We require all athletes registering and re-registering to have completed a medical form that:Has been completed by your general health practitioner with their physicians stamp.
Is signed and dated within 3 months of today's date
Is in PDF format for upload on the registration form.
Download Medical Form
You will be able to upload the medical form in the online registration. View our registrations resources page for tutorials on converting images/JPEGs to PDFs for upload.
Please ensure that the medical form has your physician's stamp and is signed and dated within 3 months of today's date on page 4.If you have not completed a medical form, download it here and complete it before continuing.
Note: Your medical form must be PDF format to be uploaded.
View our registrations resources page for tutorials on converting images/JPEGs to PDFs
I agree to the following:
1. Ability to Participate. I state that I am physically able to participate in Special Olympics New Zealand (SONZ) activities
2. Risk of Neck Problems I understand that if a doctor has found problems with my neck (Atlanto-Axial Instability) I will only be allowed to participate in Special Olympics Sports if I have another examination and the docter who checks me for my neck problems says I am able to participate and I sign a form to say I understand what the doctor has told me.
3. Personal Information. I consent to SONZ collecting, retaining, using and disclosing personal and medical information for the purpose of involving me in the Special Olympics Programme, including the Healthy Athletes Programme. I acknowledge my right to access and amend this information. This is given in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020.
4. Health Programs. If I take part in a health program, I consent to health activities, screenings and treatment. This should not replace regular health care.
5. Likeness Release. I give Special Olympics permission to use my photograph, video, name, voice or words to promote Special Olympics.
If you choose to opt out of the Likeness Release you are responsible for advising your club, event organisers and photographers at Special Olympics trainings and events.
6. Emergency Care. If I need emergency medical care while I am participating in Special Olympics Activities I give permission to Special Olympics to do whatever may be necessary to protect my health and well-being, which may include emergency medical care and hospitalisation. If you have religious objections to receiving such emergency medical treatment, please complete the Religious Objections form. and upload it below.
(Required for adult athletes with capacity to sign legal documents)
I have read and understood this form. If I have questions, I will ask. By signing, I agree to this form and confirm that the information I have provided is true and correct.
(required for athletes who are under 18 years old or lacks capacity to sign legal documents)
I am a parent or guardian of the athlete. I have read and understood this form and have explained the contents to the athlete as is appropriate. By signing, I agree to this form on my own behalf and on behalf of the athlete and confirm that the information provided is true and correct.