HomeHomeWhat we doGet involvedOur partnersWays to giveWho we areContact usClub Resources
Our partners > Our business partners > The Lion Foundation

The Lion Foundation

Lion Foundation LogoThe Lion Foundation is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most respected charitable trusts with one goal: to help Kiwis make a difference in their communities. Over the past 25 years the Lion Foundation has returned over $540 million to the community through grants to thousands of community organisations in fields including education, health, environment, sports, arts and culture.

The Lion Foundation raises its funds through its partnership with over 200 gaming venue operators throughout the country. 90% of funds raised by the Lion Foundation are returned directly to the region where they were raised, while the remaining 10% are granted to nationwide causes which benefit all New Zealanders. The foundation’s key value is integrity, which is realized through honest, ethical and transparent actions.

On 1 January 2010, The Lion Foundation merged with another charitable trust, The Perry Foundation. This merger has allowed more efficient and streamlined processes to emerge, meaning that more funds can go directly to community organisations. The Perry Foundation has a strong history in the Waikato and Bay of Plenty region, and the newly merged trust intends to continue supporting those organisations traditionally supported by the Perry Foundation. 

The Lion Foundation has been a strategic partner to Special Olympics New Zealand over the last few years. It recognizes the shared value of working closely at a community level to help Special Olympics athletes achieve their goals. 

For more information about Special Olympics New Zealand and to discuss partnership possibilities please contact:

Kathy Gibson

Chief Executive Officer

+64 4 560 0356
+64 27 567 9496

Our Valued Supporters

NZ-Sport-Logo-BLK-(1).jpg
NZCT-logo-resized.jpg  hct-logo.bmp  Datacom.jpg

Minter-ellison-2016_stacked.jpgInfinity.jpg    Pub-Charity1PUB_v_logo_COL_pos.jpg

Attitude-Logo-RGB-Large.jpg  TST-Logo-1-TST_CMYK.jpg
 

  


LF_AdvertisingLogo_rgb_E.jpg 
   Pelorus-Trust-Hi-Res-Col.jpgProvender-Logo_New.jpg
IHC-Logo-(1).gifFundraising-Chocs-2016.jpgLogo-Black.jpg